CQJP July Block

Sunday, June 24, 2012

TAST, CQJP and WIPs

I found out today that I had been doing the cable chain incorrectly...err, I mean, in an alternate way....heheheh.......but I did some on my June CQJP in several spots. It's fun adding the TAST stitches to my CQ blocks.
french knots on flowers,
entwined by red stem stitch
row of green buttons and one sparkly one
cable chain in red on red
in green on green with a Stef Francis rayon
in green on white, too
all together, my June CQJP looks like this!





I'm pleased with the progress so far, but I think there's a bit more I want to add to this block









My WIPs
My StitchMAP basic CQ course has me adding some beady bling to my first needlebook (it's a gift for a friend)

This one I'll keep for myself
beading on the pin cushion

and Spidey showed up on the thread roll-up!
here's how the thread roll-up looks now, but coming up is a dragonfly.........






















In the garden last week, the pale pink peonies were out in full bloom...........until the thunderstorms arrived
This pink one is really pale with just a touch of pink on the outer petals
My pink climbing roses are very pretty
This is the first bloom on my favourite rose bush....and seems to have more pink around the petal edges than it did last year


The weather is fluctuating between hot and humid and cool and wet


at least the gardens like the rain


Hope you're having sunny days




Thanks for visiting.


Hugs from Suz























18 comments:

  1. Some seriously gorgeous stitching going on here Suz!!
    What pretty flowers to cheer the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judy. I am really enjoying my stitching time. Hope you are well.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm - perhaps you weren't doing the stitch incorrectly at all - perhaps you were just inventing a new stitch? I bet that the rose in the last photo smells divine. I do love those old fashioned ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching, gorgeous flowers from your garden, thank you for sharing them
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots to look at on your blog today.
    You say about then stitch being wrong, I think I did it wrong too, seems like when I wrapped the thread around the needle it was the same as a colonial knot, never mind both mine and your look allright.
    Love the crazy quilting with the spider.
    Your garden is looking good, can nearly smell your rose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rose has a lovely, light scent, not too sweet, and I love the colours it displays. Hmmm, maybe I did invent a new stitch :-O lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Margaret. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Hope it's getting a bit warmer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess we're both designing new stitches, Margaret! lol
    The roses are delicious, especially growing by the lemon thyme, and the scents intermingling.......
    Hope you have some sunshine!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are correct....it isn't wrong, it's a unique and individual interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I like your attitude! Thanks, Karen.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big fan of spiders,but can't stop admiring the beaded spider of yours,so cute!
    Pretty flowers,I wish I have a garden like yours Suz.
    Hey! don't worry about doing a stitch incorrectly,you can christen with a name and let's call it Suz's "xyz" stitch in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been very busy! I like your spider.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe you invented a new stitch. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly have been very busy and have so many lovely projects on the go! Your crazy quilt piece looks great and your thread roll-up looks terrific. Looking forward to seeing your dragonfly. Our peonies are juust starting to open up. Yours are beautiful and so are the roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much, Anita! Getting the legs looking right on that spider took me four tries! Argh!
    And I think I probably have a collection of Suz's stitches, somewhere................lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandy, I think you're right!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, JPP. Our peonies are almost gone, now, after the thunderstorms., so enjoy yours. Have a great week!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!