CQJP July Block

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Quilt Square Received

My quilt square has returned, and WOW! Wait until you see what it looks like!
I was in a 1:1 Round Robin with NickiLee of NickiLee Ravioli Dreams (http://cqnickilee.blogspot.com/) and she creates magic with her hand-dyed laces.
Here's a block showing the materials I used:


















Here's my After block ( after NickiLee worked her magic)
This is beautiful! From layers of laces, beads, embroidery, and an eye for style, NickiLee has created a perfect little garden with winged creatures. Bumblebees, doves, butterflies, dragonflies all grace my block. I love it! Thank you so much!





Aren't I lucky to have such a talented friend?
Hope you have a day filled with friends and good luck.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

9 comments:

  1. Suztats,
    That is amazing. She has things that you find along a lake & I love the picture of you & your husband she put on there too. THe birds snuggling. It's magic work as you said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know how she knew what we looked like.....but there we are enjoying our garden....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, what a gorgeous surprise.I would have been elated to get this piece in the mail!!
    It's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I practically hyperventilated when I opened it, Judy. Good thing DH was the one driving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well what wonderful things happen on the internet-- such caring and sharing!
    Thanks for popping over to see my sleeping bag liners and your kind comment . It was lovely to see you there
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what lovely work! Love the photos of the lake too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you KiwiCarole! So nice to have you visit, and become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woww it is so beautiful Susan..indeed u r lucky to have such a nice friend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am lucky, Lakshmi, I know. I keep going into the (ahem) studio (uh, guest room, music room, sewing room...) to look at it over and over,and touch the velvety laces....NickiLee does beautiful work, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!