CQJP July Block

Monday, June 7, 2010

2010 Tat Days Quilt Square

Do you CQ? I do!
My first CQ adventure began late last fall. I had joined Georgia Seitz's Online Tatting Class, and , wow, have I learned a lot beyond the simple rings and chains I'd known! Split chains, Josephine knots, victorian sets, and more......
But back to CQing. Tatters everywhere volunteered to embellish quilt squares for a fundraiser for Tat Days, and I joined the queue. I'd never done this before, so I searched online for info and examples, and learned a little along the way. Georgia is gathering up all the squares and most will be joined into a quilt, and some squares will be kept separate, all to be auctioned.
Now that the due date to return the finished squares has passed, I'd like to share my finished square with you.

Do you see the standing green and gold tatted spider guarding its web? That was so fun to do! I'm sorry I don't have a before pic to show you-- I was such a newbie at this, I didn't know enough to take one!                                                                    
 I had so much fun embellishing this square, that I signed up for a second one. Next time I'll share with you the before and after pics of CQ #2.                  
Have a great day, and thanks for visiting.
Suz

5 comments:

  1. I love it! My only question is: CQ?? Huh? :-/ *blushes*

    -Stephanie Grace
    http://stephaniegracetats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen several of the other blocks during the past few months as the ladies were in progress with them. Yours is just as lovely as all the others. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind words. I do appreciate that you took the time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how lovely to visit my blog and find your comment. I think you must have caught the " blog hopping " disease. I have never seen tatting before but of course have heard of it. Yours is truly wonderful. Please pop back again soon.
    I have become a follower
    Kindest Regards Linda from Cloudy South Devon

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!